Department History

 | Last update: 2025/02/16 | 
The Textile Engineering Department is one of the oldest departments at Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic). It began its activities in 1958 as the first textile engineering faculty in Iran, originally known as the “Institute of Textile and Dyeing Engineering”. The department started in a 2,300 square meter building, the majority of which was dedicated to workshops and laboratories.
The first graduates of the Textile Engineering Department received their master’s certificate in 1962.

 

In 1985, construction began on a new 27,000 square meter, eleven-story building for the Textile Engineering Department. This building was made through the financial support of textile factories, under the planning and guidance of the Ministry of Industry. The building was officially put into operation in 1995.
 
The Groundbreaking Ceremony for the New Building of the Textile Engineering Department Engineer Mir Ahmad Sadat
 
The new building of the department is one of the largest and most equipped textile engineering faculties in the region and the largest textile engineering faculty in the country.
This department has trained many skilled engineers and specialists, many of whom play an important role in the country’s textile industries.

 
Previous Chairs of Textile Engineering Department from the Beginning to the Present